Virginia
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Universal40
Someone drove their car into a pole up the road from my house today. When I got home this evening it was obvious I'd lost power for some time and the pool equipment is dead. Checked the sub panel. Main, light and receptacle breakers were on. Breaker for the SWG was on. Siemens GFCI breaker for the pump was tripped. Cut everything off and reset the breaker. Turned everything back on and it fired up perfectly.

The GFCI breaker functioned exactly as it should and shut down power to the pump. The current sensing relay also did it's job and there was no power to the SWG even though that breaker had not tripped. The flow switch should have kept the SWG from generating but they're far from foolproof.

Nice to come home to no equipment failures and know that all the wiring works exactly as intended. (y)

Reactions: Newdude
I'd like to point this experience out to everyone who runs their SWG at 5 FC. While not common, power can and will go out for a good portion of the day a couple of times a season. A 2 FC buffer from minimum may not cut it on a hot day. Everyone's at work/school and might not even know.

Or what happened to me the other day. For once I had the pool off, and we had a big rain. When i fired up the pump, the unmixed water tripped the low salt alarm and I lost 12 hours of FC production until the next self check. It could have been a problem at 5 FC.

Insurance FC is your friend. I suggest you all take a couple, if not several. :)

#teamrunhot.

Reactions: Turbo1Ton
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.