Silver Supporter
Mar 14, 2021
Katy, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Any chance you’d be willing to sell me a laminated copy of yours? Mine got wet and smeared pretty quickly since I don’t have a laminator. The quick reference card has been SO USEFUL for newbies like me to glance and go

Reactions: Heavenlytunes

HermanTX

Gold Supporter
May 20, 2020
Katy TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Any chance you’d be willing to sell me a laminated copy of yours? Mine got wet and smeared pretty quickly since I don’t have a laminator. The quick reference card has been SO USEFUL for newbies like me to glance and go
I think you can take a copy to OfficeMax or UPS Store and they will do a lamination for you - obviously for a fee. Hope this helps.

mguzzy

Gold Supporter
I used the Scotch 4x6 laminating pouches since I have a mini thermal laminator I use for when I was coaching and needed to laminate the soccer teams player passes and what not. You can also get the adhesive type that don't require a thermal laminator... like this:
Scotch Self-Sealing Laminating Pouches

Or get the thermal laminater type and use an Iron to Laminate them Like this:

Last edited:

pypeke

Silver Supporter
Jul 31, 2015
Southeastern Oklahoma
Nice chart! Thanks.
You can also use CLEAR contact paper like the kind that goes on cabinet shelves.

I print labels for jars and other stuff, then instead of covering the labels with clear tape, I cover with clear contact paper and round the corners off. It peels off easily and does not leave the container sticky like tape does.

I am going to use the Snipping Tool on my PC to make a copy of your chart, then print the chart, and use clear contact paper to attach it to something outside. It will probably fade, but I can print a new chart. I am always chasing the laminated card when the wind blows.

Snipping Tool...

Attachments

• snip.PNG
    snip.PNG
    2.1 KB · Views: 5

ThirstyFish

Silver Supporter
Mar 14, 2021
Katy, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I spend 5 mins checking my water chemistry and another 5 mins admiring my test kit.
Thanks @mguzzy for the fantastic reference guide!

Attachments

• A159A4C7-8100-4F42-BB96-2A5584F6E539.jpeg
    A159A4C7-8100-4F42-BB96-2A5584F6E539.jpeg
    489.8 KB · Views: 31
Reactions: HermanTX and AJ7051

ThirstyFish

Silver Supporter
Mar 14, 2021
Katy, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Nice! Where'd you acquire the storage box?
Plano (brand) 2-tray Tackle Box purchased from my local sports store Academy.
is also available online for similar price
I gotta give credit to TFP forum for that idea too!

Reactions: AJ7051

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

mguzzy

Gold Supporter
Hi all I just couldn't leave well enough alone.. I have been tinkering with my Quick Reference card since the start of this thread and I have been perusing the site for tips and tricks to put on the card; stuff that I find useful for myself and stuff I thought others would find helpful. There is a breadth of little things that affect the tests are discussed here and there in the forum and Marty is the only one that knows them all. I have surmised that his brain is the size of the internet. So, I THINK here is the final version unless @mknauss sez otherwise.

First, I realized as I was using it, it was very convenient to write the results on the card while I was testing at the poolside because half the time I would forget the numbers by the time I made it back to my spreadsheet. And PoolMath doesn't work real well poolside when my fingers are wet anyway. So I added the other things I track as well and if I use a dry erase marker I can wipe it off for next time. And If I waited to wipe the card until next time, I had last weeks numbers to compare with.. That was quite handy.

I crammed in as much info as I could on it. There was a lot to process but I put the info I thought might make it useful as a field reference. Did you know that if you get up to 50 drops on any test it creates a testing error and makes the result unreliable! whoa. So all the drop tests can be done with smaller sample sizes, and we do that already with the FAS/DPD test at high FC levels during SLAMS, but its nice to know other tests can be done that way as well. So I tried all of them.. but testing TA with a 5ml sample was kind of useless, +/-50ppm is not very helpful for that test, but it would help if your CH is out the roof. So I thought it would be useful to have those smaller sample parameters on the card. If you are wondering why the CYA dilution ratios are missing 1:3, its because if if you take half of your 1:2 sample, you end up at 1:4 and it matches the TFP instructions.

Here are the places on the forum I referenced for testing information. So if you want to read through the references I used here they are:

As always I look forward to your comments and input.. let me have it!

Quick Reference ver2.2.JPG

Attachments

• Pool Test Quick Reference_2.2 page ver.pdf
    42.6 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:

AJ7051

Bronze Supporter
Sep 28, 2020
Tucson, AZ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
As a newbie this whole thread is so helpful! Thank you for this great resource!

StPeteRob

Gold Supporter
Jan 9, 2021
St. Petersburg, Fl
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
Really great. I was going to make a quick ref guide, so this saved a lot of work. Bravo.

Reactions: mguzzy

mprzybylski

May 25, 2020
Gilbert, AZ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
This thread is fantastic, thank you! I set out to also do something similar and found this instead which saves me a lot of time. Now I just need to bother a friend with a color printer :). Oddly enough, I have the laminator but not the color printer, figures.