Rolesville, NC
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-9)
I have a K1766 test kit that I bought last year. I tested my salt level a few times and always seemed to run 500-750 (test 2700, SWG 3300) points lower than what my SWG was reading however, the SWG functioned normally and so I did not really think anything of it. My question is:

From my reading on TFP, if the salt cell is happy, then no need to worry about the levels - so, is there really a reason to test the salt level using the K1766 if my salt cell is only a year old ?

Thanks as always for the input.

You should test the salinity of your water when the cell says you have low salt to check it before adding salt to the pool.

Reactions: Tena
If I do this, and the test kit reads even lower, what is the reason for testing with the kit? Is it jiust to see if the salt cell is functioning ? If there is a difference, do I need to reset the display reading on my Hayward ?

Primarily because when SWCG fail, one of the signs is they report low salinity levels. So, if you just used that, you would start adding salt. But if you test your salinity with your kit, you would see your salinity level had not changed. So it would be time to troubleshoot the SWCG.

Reactions: Tena
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.