Testing My Water

nupoolsoon

LifeTime Supporter
Jan 7, 2008
After a long day, we have our pump running. I had told the pb's plumber ALL DAY LONG that I would balance the water myself. I know it was a long day for him too, but he decided to dump 3lbs of chlorine in the skimmer!!! He did not even test the water. How soon can I do a complete test of the water?

I also told him I have the liquid stabilizer and he was all excited!! iIam not letting him get his hand ons that stuff. I want him to come and show us how to work the equipment and be on his merry way. They all just loves these chemicals!!

Thx.

whoozer

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 2, 2008
Acton Maine
I would just give the new chlorine a little time to circulate then test the water.

Dont' add anything else til you test it and then you can add appropriately.

frustratedpoolmom

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
In The Industry
May 20, 2007
SWSuburban Chicago, IL
nupoolsoon said:
After a long day, we have our pump running. I had told the pb's plumber ALL DAY LONG that I would balance the water myself. I know it was a long day for him too, but he decided to dump 3lbs of chlorine in the skimmer!!! He did not even test the water. How soon can I do a complete test of the water?

I also told him I have the liquid stabilizer and he was all excited!! iIam not letting him get his hand ons that stuff. I want him to come and show us how to work the equipment and be on his merry way. They all just loves these chemicals!!

Thx.
I would have pushed him in... :twisted:

nupoolsoon

LifeTime Supporter
Jan 7, 2008
The Mermaid Queen - I am not able to remove "soon" since we have not been swimming yet, and come to find out we have a moderate leak somewhere too.