Testing Disaster!!

YippeeSkippy

Mod Squad
Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jan 17, 2012
Evans, Georgia
Got my TF-100 test kit refreshed with new reagents. Got myself a spankin' new pool thermometer. Cleaned out the TF-100 box with rubbing alcohol and got it spiffy looking again....so what could go wrong when I went to perform my first official test of the season!??

The blasted battery in the Speed Stirrer has DIED! dead. dead. dead.
I tried swirling it by hand...and my hand swirling and reagent dropping is next to incompetent. I've lost all rhythm and coordination... if it wasn't so sad it would have been funny.

Needless to say I'm at a loss until I get a new battery for the Speed Stirrer. Who knew I'd become so dependent on this little thing!!?!?
<sigh>

Clutzy Maddie :flower: <--ought to be a limp flower really.

Oh the humanity!

On a scale of 1 - 10, how much better is testing with the speed stirrer? I think about it every day while I’m manually swirling these samples. I’m assuming it also helps with test accuracy? Can you also make mixed drinks with it?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Note that people in Australia should get the speedstir that goes counterclockwise.

My homebrew unit does.

I do remember my first trip to the US back in 1988, repeatedly filling and draining the sink in the hotel room at the wonder of the water going the other way.

Reactions: splashpad
I just go to Leslie's if my SpeedStir has a dead battery. Then I don't have to suffer the indignity you exposed yourself to.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.