Testing CYA w? TF-100

Andiejj

Jul 19, 2007
Katy, TX
UGH! UGH! UGH!

Okay, got the test last weds the 25th and tested. CYA was not registering (filled the tube all the way to the top and could still see the black dot - clearly). Added CYA that night. Tested agin this afternoon and once again it is not registering the CYA. Their was a slight difference in the water in that it was a little cloudy but I was still able to see the black dot. What should I do??? BTW -

Clean and clear water
FC 7
CC 0
TC 7
pH 7.6
T/A 90
CH 210
CYA 0
temp 89

**last week I added CYA, CH, MA and Baking soda (not in the same day) to tweak my numbers on the other stuff.

Please help, I do not know what to do or maybe I am a moron and not doing the test right although I am following all the instructions. UGH!

Andiejj

Jul 19, 2007
Katy, TX
I added 3.5 lbs in a pany hose and placed in the skimmer. I did it in the evening and ran my pool all night. By morning the hose was empty.

G
CYA can take up to a week to dissolve, even if non is left in the panythose. Give it a full week and retest. 3.5 lbs should raise 10000 gallon to between 30-40 ppm so if your pool is acually a bit bigger than you think it might not be enough to fully register.