testing and balancing your Water

beautifulpool

Silver Supporter
Jun 2, 2019
North TX
where's the best place to order Dpd powder refills (R-0870) .25 lbs...or 113 Grams

the past few days after searching the web and after finding a decent price on Amazon (looking for the 113 gm size)
I emailed amazon (who passed the email over to the seller of the Dpd powder. a company called 'Deals 360'.
in my email, is asked a)is your reagent fresh? and b) who supplies this Dpd powder to you?
c) why is the label and bottle different than what Taylor Technologies current uses.
'Deals 360' got defensive and refused to answer.
I told them that I was hoping they had good powder, because they were a few dollars less, but I was concerned after noticing
that the label they were displaying on their Reagent R-0870,
wasn't the same label or bottle used by Taylor Technologies.....
'Deals 360' thru Amazon, could not provide answers to my simple questions...
and basically told me to buy my reagent elsewhere.
I contacted Taylor technologies, and briefly explained I was looking for the Dpd powder refill, and liked the price on amazon, but wasn't sure about the quality.
the Taylor employee said that while Taylor does sell to a few companies who sell on Amazon, 'Deals 360' WAS NOT one of them.. AND the LOT# on that particular amazon listed container
meant it was produced in 2011. o_O
THANK-YOU TAYLOR technologies, for saving me spending $40.00 for an expired Dpd powder refill listed on amazon.

Reactions: taylortechnologies
Why would you want 113g of DPD Powder? Are you planning a test-thon?

One jar of 10g should get an average pool through at least one summer swim season (w/o SLAM). If you're worried about fresh powder or not, just order it 10g at a time. It's like ten bux...

frogabog makes a point worth repeating. the 113g (.25 oz.) of R870 is "penny wise and pound foolish" The R870 in 10g quantity is guaranteed to perform for one year from TFTestkits or Taylor and is wa-a-a-ay more than you need for a complete season.

Buying bulk chemistry to test your pool is seldom a good idea. Better to get a year or so of guaranteed fresh,

Reactions: frogabog
frogabog makes a point worth repeating. the 113g (.25 oz.) of R870 is "penny wise and pound foolish" The R870 in 10g quantity is guaranteed to perform for one year from TFTestkits or Taylor and is wa-a-a-ay more than you need for a complete season.

Buying bulk chemistry to test your pool is seldom a good idea. Better to get a year or so of guaranteed fresh,
Frogabog, your point well taken
but I choose the larger size due to me using 10 grams in the first 5 weeks ... after receiving new test kit. I got trees, flower beds with dirt blowing and vegetation close to water yeah mostly learning curve too. And in Texas this pool doesn’t close ....it so much fun to actually have clean clear soft water ....knowing for sure, for once, what’s really in my water beats wondering if the local summer help at local pool store knows what they’re doing ...the 113 grams cheaper per gram , while I’m learning my pool.

Go on strike. They will learn to cook their own food.

Or perhaps... you'll end up ordering a lot.

Or, a combination of both? But yeah, it's ok to go on strike now and again.

I only have faint memories of those few 100+ days we had the past 10 years. Summer still hasn't really hit here. I'm not sure I'm jealous. Nope. All good.

Reactions: beautifulpool

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hopefully he’s using the “right” side of the paddle scoop....I used the big side too before I found wisdom on this site...
Good point. I never even thought of that till this season hearing that people thought the paddle was the scoop. General ergonomics never lent me to consider that possibility. But it's clearly that's not specified specifically enough on any of the test kit instructions.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.