Henderson, NV
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
Hey everyone so I was planning on adding borates into my pool to keep the pH more stable as I find myself adding muriatic acid on a weekly basis because the pH of my pool keeps trending upwards.

I used the test strips that came with my TF Pro Salt test kit. I took a picture of the test strip results and here are the results:

PXL_20230522_010818190.jpg

Is it above 100 ppm? As far as I know, no borates were added into my pool. My pool is relatively new and was completed back in November 2022. Appreciate any input thanks.

Borates will not change your acid additions much. In the summer, you will need to add them about every 3-4 days. It might go to 7 days with borates.

The strips seem to be not giving good information. Others have reported it. Email [email protected] with your picture.

Reactions: kaymaza
You can roll your own drop test that is much more accurate than the strips. With a 50ml water sample you can easily get high accuracy. @JoyfulNoise helped develop the final instruction set but Richard Falk (chem geek) established the chemistry for it. I use it every season to check my borate levels.

Reactions: kaymaza
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.