Test Kits - what would you use?

KitKatHRBack

Jul 10, 2020
Cincinnati OH
What would you use? Amazon links or product names greatly appreciated. I read the article and it confirmed I need some direction other@@@@@@beyond “chlorine tabs and shock once a week. Test kits are just a way to get you to spend more money.” I don’t believe this because I have had aquariums and one change can cause an entire shift. I have no experience with pool water however. 6600 gal - which kit would you use?

Howdy KitKat..
Welcome to the club! If you are a die hard Amazon shopper you are looking for the Taylor K-2006C test kit... BUT the better deal is getting the TF-100 Marty recommends. It also uses Taylor reagents, but the proportions are better suited to the kind of testing most home users do. So you are not paying for what you don't need, and you get more of what you do need. I see you are just getting your pool installed, I recommend adding the K-1766 salt test if you are putting in a salt chlorinator AND the Speed Stirrer too.. that makes things a lot easier.

Hey KK and welcome !! If you don't want to look like you're doing the Hokey Pokey while you are testing, get the speedstir. The test kit is a gift for your pool. The speedstir is a gift for yourself. Unless you want to be putting this one in, and this one out, while you shake it all about. Then don't get the speedstir. You do you.

Welcome to the TFP Club!
Like everyone else so far, I also recommend the TF-100 kit, Speed Stir and K1766 if you have e a salt water pool. Everyone on here is super helpful and willing to get you on the path to your own TFP!

I love my k-2006, especially the container for it all, it fits perfectly in the space I have for it, but I bought it before discovering this site. If I was doing it all over again, though, I’d get the TF-100 with the speed stir. It really is the best value for how we maintain our pools here. It’s impossible to overstate the value and ease of a speed stir as well!

I'll echo the above folks - I didn't understand you can only get the TF100 on the above listed website. I COULD find the Taylor K-2006c on AMAZON which is what I got. Definitely get the speed stir it helps so much - it is like a third set of hands so you don't have to keep stirring or inverting the tube. If I were to do it again I would get the TF100 - more reagents for what you will be doing the most testing. Very happy with the K-2006c but I already refilled the chlorine reagent.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.