Test kit

Newdude

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jun 16, 2019
NY
For the test kit the TF-100 from tftestkits.net is the best all around bang for the buck. They also have a K-2006C and it’s just as good but has smaller supplies so it will need replacing sooner. Get the salt drop kit from the same place. ( K-1766.).

Do not use regular test strips or salt test strips. You will be trying to figure out your chlorine levels and the strip will say you’re pregnant. How much chlorine will you have to add though? I mean, congratulations on the baby and all, but It’s crazy and of no help.

Last edited:

setsailsoon

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
TFP Guide
Oct 25, 2015
Stuart/FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-30 Plus
Welcome to TFP! Once you get your kit on order please take a look at this.ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry We do things a little different and it works out way better. We don't sell anything here, just a lot of free expert advice that's never geared to sell you something. Ask any questions you make have.

Again, welcome aboard!

Chris

Reactions: Backyard fun

YippeeSkippy

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jan 17, 2012
Evans, Georgia
The TF-100 being the least expensive, is also available with the K-1766 kit which tests salt content. That's what I use and is the most accurate on the general market. This kit uses Taylor reagents which are the gold standard, in my mind.

www.tftestkits.net <---place

Maddie :flower:

Reactions: Backyard fun

Backyard fun

Feb 12, 2021
Westbend WI
For the test kit the TF-100 from tftestkits.net is the best all around bang for the buck. They also have a K-2006C and it’s just as good but has smaller supplies so it will need replacing sooner. Get the salt drop kit from the same place. ( K-1766.).

Do not use regular test strips or salt test strips. You will be trying to figure out your chlorine levels and the strip will say you’re pregnant. How much chlorine will you have to add though? I mean, congratulations on the baby and all, but It’s crazy and of no help.

thanks!
Will check out the site.

Reactions: Newdude

YippeeSkippy

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jan 17, 2012
Evans, Georgia
May I please ask you to specify your state/region/province/country (Pick one) as to where "Westbend" is?
It sounds silly, but we deal with folks from all over the world so there surely could be more than one "Westbend".
<---- Westbend, WHERE?

THANKS!!!

Maddie :flower:

kellyfair

Gold Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Jun 29, 2016
Tampa, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Intex Krystal Clear
I third or fourth the recommendations on the test kit! I use the TF-100 and the K-1766 salt kit as well!

At first I thought you lived in Westview! (Those watching Marvel’s Wandavision will get that reference!)

• Love
Reactions: Auburn02

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support