Test kit results way off from what pool store says

Yesterday's results were better, somewhat. Got the PH down to 7.6, TA down to 200. I tried the CH test method of adding 5 drops of the reagent into the sample water 1st for metal ion interference, then proceeded with test. But I gave up after 50 drops & it was still pink! I will try the method today of diluting with distilled water. My fill water CH results are 875, but I didn't test TA or PH of it. I can do that though today.

Yesterday I tried the CH test method of diluting with distilled water. I did 5mL of distilled, 5 mL of pool water to total 10 mL. Still got astronomically high results. I decided to do a hybrid method, but not sure if the results are trustworthy since it's a mix of 2 different methods. I did the dilution method, & also added 5 reagent drops at the start to get rid of metal ion interference. Don't know if that's ok or not! But it only took 8 drops to turn blue, plus the 5 at the beginning.

My PH remained at 7.6 & TA dropped to 170.

Great. Just means you need to work your TA down over time. Watch for any scale build up.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.