Test Kit Recommendations....

Burfcr

Bronze Supporter
May 5, 2018
Burlington, ON
With my pool reno coming to a close over the next 6-8 weeks I thought I would start to explore test kits. Just wanted to get recommendations on what to buy.

Pool is a 30,000 gallon gunite pool that will be plastered and the spa is a stand alone gunite unit that is 100% tiled (no plaster). The pool/spa will be salt water for sanitation in the summer. For the winter, the spa plumbing will be set up where the SWG is bypassed and I really have no idea what I’ll be using for a sanitizer (haven’t gotten that far yet).

Thoughts on what I need to cover off the pool/spa and winter testing?

Thanks,

TF-100 w/ Magnetic Speedsitr :goodjob: No doubt. In addition, I would recommend the Taylor K-1766 salt test kit. Both available at TFTeskits.net (see TF-100 link below).

Ok. That’s great thanks. I wasn’t sure if I would need anything different for the spa during the winter testing months. Still have lots to read up on and learn (have to admit that the entire “plaster pool startup” phase stresses me out!).

May seem a bit biased, but I believe the TF-100 kit is the kit to beat. One kit lasted me two seasons, although they do recommend you replace the reagents each year for a reasonable price... they discount the refill kits right around spring time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.