SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Free ChL 2
Cc .5
TC 2.5
Cl 300
TA 60
Ph 7.3

The R-0013 is empty (lid wasn't even on. I'll email. ?) So no CYA results. Since my Chlorine is so slow to drop, I figure my CYA is good. (Or that stinking Chlorinator isn't really off). I haven't added any pucks since the first time (a week ago...it seems longer). It's been turned "off" most of the time. I've been adding Muriatic Acid to manage pH since it's new plaster and algaecide since I'm trying to drop the chlorine.

Is my chlorine still too high to do AA treatment? Best way to lower it safely?

The Calcium is higher than recommended for new plaster and the TA is low, but I think I need to get the stains gone before I balance?

Last edited:
Have you contacted tftestkits about the CYA reagent? They will fix you up.

I will, it just got here. Just wanted to explain before I got in trouble for not checking CYA.?

thought the FC needed to be 0 before starting the AA. Everything else is fine.

Yep, thus my question...how do I get it down? I have not added any for days.

Reactions: Divin Dave
Perhaps your CYA is just really high? It should be dropping a fair amount each sunny day.

Right! Today was great but it's been cloudy and rainy. I'm in the shade by 3. Great for later and maintenance, but right now, it's slowing me down. Lol

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.