Test kit K2006 ....not happy

May 12, 2017
Temecula, CA
Should have bought tK100 from here, but I'm an amazon prime member hence the k-2006. here is my gripe!

you need 7 ml to do a CYA test. Kit says it can do 8 CYA test. But each test take 7ml and the 2 bottles only have 22ml in each, so 48 ml total. Which is 6 tests, not 8!!!

Further, there is no where near enough FasDpd R0871 Regent, even if using 10ml sample.

I enede up ordering just just now additional regents from TFtestkits.com. Should have done that in the first place....live and learn.

You can get the 2 oz bottle at Leslie's for about $12i believe. Also, when you run the chlorine text, use the 10 mL sample to save on drops.
Yes, they have CYA regent but not Fas-DPD, so I ordered both from here.

- - - Updated - - -

That's why everyone recommends either the TF-100 or the Taylor K2006 C. It's the bigger kit with 2 oz bottles instead of .75 oz like the regular K2006.
ok, I think I have the 2006 c "complete"

My k-2006(not sure if its "C" or not) lasted me two seasons before ordering a TF-100 refill kit to refill everything for this season. I tested cya twice the first season, once after adding CYA and a second time after adding more to get to the desired level. Second season was once upon opening and once after adding more CYA to replace what was lost during winter drain. I still had some DPD left after the second season but it was darker than what i considered off-white this year so I trashed what was left. I really didn't run out of any reagents, but came close on some.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I use the OTO for quick checks, I am getting good at the colors. And then the FAS-DPD when I need good numbers.

I am sure it is included because it is cheaper to buy the k1000 than the pH and test block separately.

I wouldn't say the OTO test is inaccurate. I use the OTO test as a quick test to determine if I have little to no chlorine in the pool. I do a quick swipe in the morning as I'm rushing the kids to carpool to see if I have no color or pale yellow. The, when I have time to sit at the edge of my pool and do the FAS-DPD test, I do that. It saves me time and money on more costly chemicals in the FAS-DPD test.

How long is the shelf life of the reagents? I thought that was the reason for the .75 oz. bottle. They have one year expiration date.

Taylor says replace 1 year. https://www.taylortechnologies.com/ChemistryTopicsCM.ASP?ContentID=26&Print=true

More depends on storage of reagents. I know some have claimed they last longer. I think you can get away with the .75 bottle with most of the reagants, but there are a few that you use a lot more often and would be better getting 2oz bottles. The ones for the FC test and PH test are my most used

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.