Temperature probe bad?

Aug 29, 2008
Pensacola, Fl
Hayward Aqua Plus Pro Logic Controller suddenly showing incorrect temperature of 41f. Air temp is high 70’s to mid 80’s. Instant-read thermometer says water is 75.8. Bad probe, or maybe bad board internally? All other readings/numbers appear normal. Search on amazon doesn’t even show temp probe as available part.

If you have a multimeter you can measure the resistance of the probe.

Off the top of my head I don't know what value would give 41 degrees, but 10k ohms works out to 76 degrees. I'm sure there's another thread about testing probes on this site that has more resistance/temp values.

They are free at Harbor Freight ;)

So switch a couple of the probes around in the control panel and see if the bad reading follows the probe or not.

Ignore the SWG temperature as that is a different type of probe that is in the cell.

Hayward GLX-PC-12-KIT 10K Thermistor Temperature Sensor with 15-Feet Cable Replacement Kit.

The Pentair or Jandy temperature sensor will also work if you can find them cheaper.

There should be a sensor clamped in a pipe somewhere.

You might have a spare sensor from your installation package. Some installation packages include a solar temperature sensor.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hayward GLX-PC-12-KIT 10K Thermistor Temperature Sensor with 15-Feet Cable Replacement Kit.

The Pentair or Jandy temperature sensor will also work if you can find them cheaper.

There should be a sensor clamped in a pipe somewhere.

You might have a spare sensor from your installation package. Some installation packages include a solar temperature sensor.

Pool came with the house. Previous owner didn't leave anything except hidden problems.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.