Technique for Adding CYA

mmcwhorter

Silver Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Jul 13, 2015
Huntingtown, MD
For many years I have followed all of the many techniques folks talk about to add CYA, like the sock in the skimmer, etc.....and I have sort of developed a different way....or at least I have not seen it on this Blog.

Using a 5-gallon bucket, I fill it with pool water and add 4 pounds CYA. I stir it...and let it sit for 3-4 hours, stirring occasionally as I may pass by the bucket doing other pool tasks. After 3-4 hours of many stirs and when stirring again I end up with a creamy milky solution at the top, which is pure liquid, and about a gallon off the top is poured into the skimmer. Lots of undissolved CYA is still at the bottom of the bucket. I add pool water, repeat the process several times. Within about 8 hours I have added almost all the CYA as a pure liquid, and my CYA level is exactly as predicted using TFT-100. Has anyone ever tried this way?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.