Tech Support needed for IC-40 Salt Cell..

DHusson

In The Industry
Sep 21, 2021
KY
Greetings!
I've been in the pool industry for 8 years and while I'm in the retail end, I do assist our service techs when they
are faced with a "head scratcher".
We have a newly installed gunite pool running with automation (Easy Touch) and the salt cell Pentair IC-40 reads "low salt".
We've tested salt levels numerous times and a tech added more thinking "we" were incorrect. Salt level now
reads over 4000ppm and still the cell reads "low salt"..
Where do we start diagnosing the problem? We've removed cell and found it worked fine on another pool
operating on an "Intellitouch" system. Is the problem in the ET sensor?

Thank you in advance for any help!
DHusson

Welcome to the forum.
The ET and Intellitouch neither do anything to control the IC. The controls for the IC are all internal.
Typically, when an IC reads low salt but the salinity of the pool water is OK, it is an issue with the thermistor in the IC flow switch. But you say it works when connected to the Intellitouch.
How are you testing the pool water salinity?
You can run the diagnostics for the cell. Read Pentair Intellichlor ICXX SWG - Further Reading

D,

When you say it "reads" low salt, do you mean the EasyTouch reports a low salt level or is the Red low salt light on the cell on??

Does the EasyTouch show a salt level number, such as 2500, or does it read Zero..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.