Tear in the Vinyl pool liner - Pool company says I need a new one :mad:

Jun 14, 2009
Hello all,

So I opened my to find my vinyl pool liner hanging in the corner of my pool. I tried to pull the hanging part of the liner toward the edge to see if I could maybe snap it back under the liner clamp and of course that liner wasn't moving anywhere. So I called the pool company that installed the liner about 9 years ago, and sent them some pictures of the liner. They informed me that the liner could not be repaired and I needed to buy a new liner for which they quoted $4200 :pukel: which I don't have after just buying a robot and a salt generator :drown:.

I started thinking that maybe there was a way I could fix it and went to "You Tube" for some ideas, there a found a couple of videos that suggested that I use very hot water too make the liner pliable I could stretch it. Once I got home I looked at the liner closely and realized that the liner had ripped right at the point wear it clamps into the pool wall.

output.jpgoutput.jpg

So the problem that I see is that the liner is now uneven, where it ripped off the clamp it is shorter than the rest of the liner that is clamped :scratch:

So I guess the question is can I save my liner ? does anybody have any ideas/suggestions

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

9 years seems to be the starting point of failure on modern liners, but I'd maybe try to heat it, stretch it then use some really strong adhesive water proof tape.

It seems like pools with tight corners such as this design seem to have liner pop outs or failures often in the corners.

Thanks borjis ....

Two question: would draining the pool more give me more liner to stretch ? also "strong adhesive water proof tape", so you are saying I would have better luck stretching the liner and taping it close to the where it is suppose to be clamped opposed to trying and re-clamp it ?

Man this stinks! My neighbor opened up to find this same issue. I don’t know what he paid. Are most liners that expensive to replace? Is it like a boat that nothing is cheap b/c it’s a luxury type item?

I wish I had some suggestions for you, good luck on the repair- surely can’t hurt to try !

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.