Taylor Speed Stir

Philo

Oct 8, 2015
San Diego, Ca.
I've had mine for a year and it just stopped. Replaced the batteries and still nothing. Neither button. Is there anything else to check?:shaking2:

Philo

Oct 8, 2015
San Diego, Ca.
Up-Date

It turns out that water had worked its way into the battery compartment and corroded the contacts. I lightly sanded them clean, re-assembled and put a thin coat of silicon on the seam. Taylor rules, but that seam should be water proof.

Thanks again for the offer!!!!

taylortechnologies

In The Industry
May 12, 2016
Sparks, MD
@funinthesun awesome thank you!!!!

@Philo oh wow, thanks for the suggestion - I'll bring it up to the team here and see what we can do about that for the future. You're welcome, thanks for being a customer :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

JoeSelf

Gold Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Glassboro, NJ
I love mine so much, that when I couldn't find it I ordered another one. Found it and now I have two. Also 2 sample sizers and extra cylinders.

Ecoke

Bronze Supporter
May 18, 2017
Ocala, FL (Central FL)
I bought mine about 5 weeks ago...the "swirl to mix" was ending up on the floor...now that I have it it makes my daughters want to learn about testing and help dad out...Gotta love that! :cool:

ashtonfitzgerald

Sep 27, 2016
Oshawa, ON, Canada
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I built an upgraded version to stir my coffee in the morning. [emoji39] Running it at 12volts I wouldn't be surprised if this thing can stir a gallon of paint--It's a full force tornado in there!

griffths

LifeTime Supporter
May 2, 2011
Long Grove, IL
Hi Philo - call us for a replacement :)

Ironic timing as I was just in a local Leslie's pool supply yesterday and saw that they use a Speedstir for water testing however I noticed that theirs was plugged in on the bottom using a wall wart and ran for longer than the normal amount of time when running from batteries.

Is this a special production item for Leslie's Pool Supply, or is this version also available to the general public as well?

Regards,

Jay

taylortechnologies

In The Industry
May 12, 2016
Sparks, MD
@griffths - The SpeedStir seen in Leslie’s, as well as any retail store using our labs, is a commercial version and only included with our testing labs.

@GinaLovesSummer The part 9265 is available from our distributors and has a list price of $46.25. You may find it for less from our distributors.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.