Taylor Pool Kit

So I bought a Taylor k-2006 pool kit and I opened all all the viles are expired. I used the CYA kit and came no where near the 100 mark before black dot disappeared. My algae has sucked lately have 4 tabs in floater and 2 in skimmer basket. I tried free chlorine test added forty drops pink was still evident, whats next, could test kit be useable. Thanks for your time

It would have to be way out of date to be unusable, but if they are, I see no reason not to send it back. Up to you..

40 drops would be over 20 PPM, which is not that high if you just added shock.. Your CYA being high makes sense if you have been using tabs.

If you keep the kit, the first thing you should do is determine your CYA.. If over 100, you will need to drain some water anyway, so no sense testing anything else..

Here is how to do a diluted CYA test... Extended Test Kit Directions Archives - Trouble Free Pool See step 8..

Thanks,

Jim R.

One of the advantages of ordering from TFTestkits.net is you always get fresh reagents. Ordering from unknown online vendors you have no idea how old the kit is.

What is 5/17 and what is 5/18?

The 5/18 stuff is probably still good to use.

It would have to be way out of date to be unusable, but if they are, I see no reason not to send it back. Up to you..

40 drops would be over 20 PPM, which is not that high if you just added shock.. Your CYA being high makes sense if you have been using tabs.

If you keep the kit, the first thing you should do is determine your CYA.. If over 100, you will need to drain some water anyway, so no sense testing anything else..

Here is how to do a diluted CYA test... Extended Test Kit Directions Archives - Trouble Free Pool See step 8..

Thanks,

Jim R.
Thanks Jim for the response, I did the diluted test and still did not get to 100 before the dot disappeared. The vial has a expiration date of 5/18.

5/17 is R0870 and R0871

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
As long as the R-870 turns red in the sample water it is good to use.

The R-871 will get weaker as it ages. So it will take more drops and thus test FC high. I think that is why your test took so much.

I would get fresh R-870 & 871 reagent.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.