Tangled cord

Lynn5707

Bronze Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Indianapolis, IN
Hi,

I love our Dolphin except for the cord. It seems to be getting harder to untangle. We have only had it about a year, just not sure what to do? Can they be replaced? Are there any tricks to straighten it out?

Thanks!

Jimrahbe

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 7, 2014
Bedford, TX
Lynn,

How many times have you laid the cord out in a straight line on the deck and let it sit in the sun light for a couple of hours? I try to do that every one or two weeks depending on usage..

Another thing that I don't do.... is wrap the cord up on a caddie.. I lay my cord on the deck in very large loops when not in use..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Lynn5707

Bronze Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Indianapolis, IN
Lynn,

How many times have you laid the cord out in a straight line on the deck and let it sit in the sun light for a couple of hours? I try to do that every one or two weeks depending on usage..

Another thing that I don't do.... is wrap the cord up on a caddie.. I lay my cord on the deck in very large loops when not in use..

Thanks,

Jim R.
Thank you! I will lay it out straight in the sun and see if that works. 😊

Catanzaro

Platinum Supporter
TFP Guide
Jul 30, 2014
Monmouth County, New Jersey
I just purchased the Dolphin and rinse the unit carefully each time, and put away on the caddy. The cord is wrapped carefully around the caddy (takes longer) and is disconnected each time . Great little robot, but gets stuck on the main drain so I kind of have to baby sit the unit while running. Use it like once per week for a nice cleaning.

Reactions: Lynn5707

dallasaggie

Jan 29, 2019
Dallas, TX
I wanted to piggy back on this thread and say that my Active 20 is having major cable tangling issues, and I have to lay it out in the sun nearly every day to have it not tangle. Has anyone had any luck with Maytronics warrantying cables before? I emailed weeks ago and haven't heard anything yet....

Catanzaro

Platinum Supporter
TFP Guide
Jul 30, 2014
Monmouth County, New Jersey
I do not have tangling issues, but the slack I leave is just enough for the robot to go from the middle to each side. How exactly is it being tangled? Maybe the unit is circling too much tangling the cord, and it is not the cord.

Reactions: Jimrahbe