Talking with PB about freeform designs and i have a question

10x18 would be plenty for 2 on 2 pool volleyball if the net was down the middle with the diving board. (10×9 on both sides of net) Its hard to say if thats enough for you. Some people want all shallow end. Others want all deep end.

My wife was extremely concerned about someone not realizing it is a steep drop and just plunging to the bottom...especially with all the kids in the family. I was looking into pool rope/buoy systems or putting boulders on the bottom of the pool as ways to address it.
We had a floaty rope accross our pool for awhile when the kids were little.. it was more a reminder. Then it came out as the kids got older and full pool length games became the order of the day.

I have a 6.5 ft deep deepend and a diving/jumping rock/waterfall (4ftt above water level) . it seems to fill the void of something to jump off of and I never had anyone hit there head on the bottom.

I have a 6.5 ft deep deepend and a diving/jumping rock/waterfall (4ftt above water level) . it seems to fill the void of something to jump off of and I never had anyone hit there head on the bottom.

Jumping in is one thing. Diving straight out would be safe if perfomed correctly. Diving 4 ft down into 6.5ft of water is as dangerous as it gets.

If i went with a liner pool, i could do a 20 x 50, or that Lagoon pool i posted a picture of, but concrete is another story. The liner pool just really scares me. I know there are tons of people that have them, i just don't feel comfortable dumping large sums of money into a liner pool. ?

i just don't feel comfortable dumping large sums of money into a liner pool. ?

The pool and equiptment was $26k for 18x36 or $26.5k for 20x40. It was the best $500 i ever spent. The bigger patio around said bigger pool was $14k. Bigger fence was $5k. At the last minute we opted for a heater and stand alone hot tub for $9k. So the stuff that went around the pool cost the same as the pool. The pool itself wasnt bad.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The pool and equiptment was $26k for 18x36 or $26.5k for 20x40. It was the best $500 i ever spent. The bigger patio around said bigger pool was $14k. Bigger fence was $5k. At the last minute we opted for a heater and stand alone hot tub for $9k. So the stuff that went around the pool cost the same as the pool. The pool itself wasnt bad.

How in the world did you go from 18x36 to 20x40 for only $500!?? ?

My quote for a 20x40 rectangle liner is right at $42k and 20x40 freeform concrete quote is $64K. He did quote me an 18x36 freeform concrete for $57K. I was amazed at the price jumps. My PB said i'd get 700 sq ft out of a 20x40 freeform vs the 800 sq ft you get from doing the 20x40 rectangle. He said i could change any shapes, curves, etc. i wanted with the freeform as long as the sq ft stayed about the same. I love the looks of freeform pools, but that sucks to loose 100 sq ft of surface area out of a 20x40.

Let me add, those quotes are turn key, pool, equipment, electric, plumbing, decking (only 6 ft all the way around, but i'll need to add more, so price will go up some on decking), etc.

Those prices must be gunite. And yes it gets expensive if you go that way. My quotes were gor concrete walls and vinyl liner.

Also Gosu, the things i regret the about my build (heater, hot tub and solar cover with reel) cost me a bunch of money. But if i didnt waste that money i would have always thought that it was a mistake to have not done. And i would have done it a few years later anyway thinking it would make life better. Now i know that those things arent for me and its easier to swallow than wishing i had them.

Reactions: GosuPaintballer
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.