Talk about getting pool stored...

Wobblerlorri

Bronze Supporter
There is no chlorine to be found anywhere in Bremen, GA and I've got three jugs from last year left. Our of desperation I emailed the local pool store to see if they had liquid chlorine.

Oh yes indeedy do, they said. Gallon jugs of 10% chlorine, they said. $6.95 a gallon, they said.

Nope, I said.

I'd rather drive to Douglasville (about 30 miles one way) and go to Lowe's or Home Depot there than buy 10% at twice the price.

• Wow
Reactions: carnivalday

Newdude

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jun 16, 2019
NY
I will back you no matter where you draw the line in the sand. They clearly crossed your line and good for you sticking to your principles !!! My time, gas and fustration of taking the trip would have probably kept me local, unless of course there is a Chick-Fil-A next to home depot, then go get some lunch !!

PoolGate

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jun 7, 2017
Damascus, MD
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Well.... realistically, this is $3.50 for a gallon of 5% solution, which is what most grocery stores sell now. It is not that bad a price.

picchu55

Jun 16, 2020
Oklahoma City, OK
I found jugs of 10% chlorine at my local Walmart yesterday. $3.64 each! And they had hundreds, which was great because I needed to SLAM my pool and I was running low. I'll probably make another trip later this week to stock up again.

mguzzy

Gold Supporter
Jul 8, 2015
OV, CA
I would tend to not trust the website.. it always seems off. Besides I think most Walmart staff is currently occupied chasing un-masked patrons around the store.

Thread Status
Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.