Taking over pool duties. CYA 500+

So my readings from last night were 15 FC at 8:00pm and 12.5 FC at 7:00am. Sunsets around 8:00 and rises at 6:00. The previous test I did where there was only 0.5FC loss was from 10:00pm to 6:00am. What times should I be doing the OCLT exactly? Direct sunlight doesn't hit the pool until maybe 8:30-9:00 am.

I put another gallon in and will let it run another night. If OCLT is still 2.5ppm then maybe it's niche time!

Alright, well I took an FC reading at 10:00pm last night FC - 13.5 CC - 0.5. I woke up at 6:00am today and the FC had stayed the same still at 13.5. :smile: First light is around 5:30am.

I'm happy I have a new pool with WAY lower and manageable CYA. I wonder what my FC loss per day is going to be and how much liquid chlorine per month I'm going to end up going through now since I've ditched the pucks. We bought the house 2.5 years ago and a floater has been in there ever since. I suppose this will lead to SWCG research... ;)

Alright, well I took an FC reading at 10:00pm last night FC - 13.5 CC - 0.5. I woke up at 6:00am today and the FC had stayed the same still at 13.5. :smile: First light is around 5:30am.

I'm happy I have a new pool with WAY lower and manageable CYA. I wonder what my FC loss per day is going to be and how much liquid chlorine per month I'm going to end up going through now since I've ditched the pucks. We bought the house 2.5 years ago and a floater has been in there ever since. I suppose this will lead to SWCG research... ;)
Your chlorine usage will be somewhere between 2 and 4 ppm per day, depending on swimmer load and sunlight.

I don't have a lot of swimmers, and none with weak bladders, so I lose about 2 per day. On my pool that translates to a quart of 12.5% per day. I get it in refillable jugs, 4 to a crate, so I only have to visit the pool store every couple weeks.

Reactions: pink
Your chlorine usage will be somewhere between 2 and 4 ppm per day, depending on swimmer load and sunlight.

Thanks. I've started to notice it's around 4ppm in 24 hours. This is without swimming. Just wrapping my head around adding about 2qts of chlorine every day. But at least the water is super nice now. Just tested it out today and it feels great! I'm not sure if one can "feel" 400 levels of CYA but one of the main issues was also CH. I was never able to get a reading with the old water as I ran out of patience dropping reagent into the tube. A test strip showed the color aligned with 1000ppm. Now I'm at 180 and there is no more sticky hair and chalky skin when I get out. Shampoo would hardly even help the hair before! Obviously peace of mind knowing the water is safe feels good too.

Reactions: caligrl2
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.