Central MD
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I’ve long struggled, though without really realizing it, with how to best type on a tablet (w/ keyboard) or laptop while sitting by the pool. I often have a wet suit on, with perhaps a damp/wet towel, so placing it on my laps isn’t the best. Nor is the stability. So as I sat outside this evening on a beautiful 88 degree and humid night (perfect) I am trying out a proof of concept design. This could work. Lot’s of little details to think about, but we may have something workable. 95%+ sturdy (no bounce) is a requirement. As is, of course, no clamps holding it down. How would I get out quickly in the event of a fire?

Has anyone made or bought something that works well for them outside? I suspect many have or have tried during the last few months.

BTW - This thing will need a built in gel wrist rest.

I so want to tickle those feet as there is no way for you to get away fast!!! LOL

Look at the ones they make for bathtubs or breakfast in bed and see if they are big enough for your chair.
Yeah, need an escape plan for that too!

I did see a few like that for ideas. It would ideally be exterior grade, so wood, aluminum or SS. I suspect most I saw were painted steel with rollers, etc. for interior.

View attachment 145757
Interesting option. Checks the weatherproof box for sure. Attractive. Expensive, but that often goes with the first two comments. Probably doesn't work 100% for my case but the great thing about the iterative process is I can easily mock up the same thing dimensionally with scraps and clamps to test out similar ideas. It would probably blow over in storms but that' isn't a prime concern. Thanks. I used the same trial process and it took a few weeks to test out a platform to use while WFH on a bar height table where my feet didn't reach the floor. Then built with better lumber and stained to match.

View attachment 145778
That has a lot of potential. Also easily store-able in my pool shed. And nice for standing at the table by the pool, which wasn't on the wishlist. Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: RMcGirr83
I’ve long struggled, though without really realizing it, with how to best type on a tablet (w/ keyboard) or laptop while sitting by the pool. I often have a wet suit on, with perhaps a damp/wet towel, so placing it on my laps isn’t the best. Nor is the stability. So as I sat outside this evening on a beautiful 88 degree and humid night (perfect) I am trying out a proof of concept design. This could work. Lot’s of little details to think about, but we may have something workable. 95%+ sturdy (no bounce) is a requirement. As is, of course, no clamps holding it down. How would I get out quickly in the event of a fire?

Has anyone made or bought something that works well for them outside? I suspect many have or have tried during the last few months.

BTW - This thing will need a built in gel wrist rest.

lol i just noticed the clamps. that is literally an adult highchair. well not high, but you are locked in so you can't get in any trouble! lol all i got for you is adjustable height hospital bed table you can slide in and out from under you.

lol i just noticed the clamps. that is literally an adult highchair. well not high, but you are locked in so you can't get in any trouble! lol all i got for you is adjustable height hospital bed table you can slide in and out from under you.
Come to think of it my wife was smiling as she put the clamps on!

• Haha
Reactions: jimim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.