TA at zero?

Hello,

I just received my tf-100 kit and testing my water for the first time this season. TA wouldn’t even register at 0.After adding the r008 the water was red and wouldn’t turn green.
My ph has been low 6.5ish, so I expected my alk to be off, but not at zero.

is this possible? Should I add 15 lbs of baking soda, let it sit for a few hours and retest?

It is possible. You have been using trichlor pucks/tablets, right? The low pH is destroying your liner.

I would suggest you add 5 lbs of Soda ash aka Washing Soda (Twenty Mule team), NOT the laundry detergent.

Let that circulate for 30 minutes to an hour, brush well. Test pH and TA. Once either the pH is in the 7's OR the TA is above 50 ppm, then post here and we can guide you to dial it in.

Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda Detergent Booster & Household Cleaner,

Sorry -- not Twenty Mule Team -- I get them mixed up!!!

Did you brush really well?

If after brushing and a bit more time still no change, add another 5 lbs. After that we will switch to baking soda and borax, if necessary.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
With a CYA of 110 (did you do the dilute method test for that?), you need to drain and refill at least 50% of your pool volume. No need to waste more chemicals until that is done.

So, then your choice is to do a water exchange. fill with clean water and drain off your pool water. This takes a lot longer and will use a lot more water. With a vinyl pool, as long as you leave some in the bottom, you should be able to drain and fill fairly easily.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.