NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-9)
First pool here so still getting used to balancing water. 13k gallon,vinyl, SWG. Water has been clear and levels were ok except CYA which was zero 3 weeks ago. I used liquid stabilizer as it’s easier to just dump it in. Poolmath said 2 gallons but I elected to do one first and waited a week and it was 40. Added the second gallon and it was up to 60 this week. That’s all I’ve added so far. My pH has been stable around 7.5-7.8 range. FC has been 4-4.5. TA has been 80-90. Today my numbers are a little higher but I’m not sure whether to react or just wait another week.

pH 7.8
FC 6.5
CC 0.5 (checked it just because I haven’t in a while)
TA 110
CYA 60
Salt 3600 (I know it’s a bit high but when my pool was opened they added a little more than they should have)

Is FC higher because it’s not being burned off as much? SWG set at 45% so I guess I could dial it down a little more.

Should I be concerned about TA and pH being on the higher end yet? I’m thinking to wait before trying to add acid and lower pH.

Also, pool was used a lot less this week compared to last week. Does that really have that big of an effect on FC loss?

No need to touch a thing. There will always be slight variations in how much FC loss you have so some days the FC will rise other days it will fall. Key is to keep it at or near target range, and always above minimum.

Thanks. I’m a bit neurotic making sure everything is dialed in right but the water is perfectly clear so I guess that’s important to consider not to do anything and just test again next week.

I would suggest you test FC and pH a bit more often than just each week. Until you really understand your pool and its water chemistry, testing at least every other day, as you have a SWCG, is a good idea.

Reactions: Oly and mrm1682
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.