T-Cell 15 died - is it worth replacing with RJ-60 PLUS?

Jun 17, 2013
Dallas, TX
We've got a 35k gallon pool and have been going through T-Cell 15's every (4) years. I realize the T-cell is having to work overtime to keep up, but it's worked well for the 12 years we've been in this house. Our current cell just died and I'm considering replacing with a Circupool RJ-60 Plus, but am not sure it's worth the cost.

Currently a replacement T-Cell 15 is going for $649, the RJ-60+ is $1,595. Is there any way the RJ makes sense at 2.5x the cost of the Hayward?

What pump do you have? A VS pump would be a good investment if you do not have one. Then the T15 would not be a big deal to run for 24 hours per day. And that SWCG is well known for fewer problems and replacement of the cell is economical.

What pump do you have? A VS pump would be a good investment if you do not have one. Then the T15 would not be a big deal to run for 24 hours per day. And that SWCG is well known for fewer problems and replacement of the cell is economical.
It's a single speed pump. We looked at a VS when we replaced this a few years ago, but the cost difference was significant (I want to say 3-4x the cost of the single speed). Hopefully they'll come down in the future.

Your next motor replacement will be a Variable Speed motor. DOE regulation kicked in this July.

If you are running a single speed pump (what hp?) 24 hours per day, I suspect a VS pump would pay out relatively quickly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.