Switching from Perma Salt to Chlorine - How to????

enoverola

Jun 16, 2020
San Antonio TX
I currently have the perma salt system. I want to switch to chlorine so I can have a TFP.

My question, do I need to remove the copper chamber to change to chlorine? Or can I just start using chlorine and stop using the "perma salt" chemicals?
thanks for your help.

Good morning and welcome to TFP! :wave: You can start using chlorine right away. Discontinue using any of their supplemental additives and stick to liquid chlorine or regular bleach. It would be best to remove the copper chamber in its entirety. Once copper gets in the water it's in unless you change the water. Also make sure you have a TF-100 (link below) or Taylor K-2006C test kit on-hand already. That's a must. Thanks for posting and let us know if you have any questions.

By the way, is it muggy outside or is it just me. Wow. :swim:

Good morning and welcome to TFP! :wave: You can start using chlorine right away. Discontinue using any of their supplemental additives and stick to liquid chlorine or regular bleach. It would be best to remove the copper chamber in its entirety. Once copper gets in the water it's in unless you change the water. Also make sure you have a TF-100 (link below) or Taylor K-2006C test kit on-hand already. That's a must. Thanks for posting and let us know if you have any questions.

By the way, is it muggy outside or is it just me. Wow. :swim:
Thank you! I'll order the kit and start using chlorine. Does Copper hurt or ruin my water?

And yes, it's very muggy in TX.

Does Copper hurt or ruin my water?
When the copper level gets high enough, it can change the color of the water, cause some hair colors to go green (i.e. blonde) and perhaps worst of all cause stains in the pool which are very difficult to remove.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.