Switch from Chlorine pool to SWG

Surfnsnowboard3

Sep 22, 2019
arizona
Two years ago I had my pool built and without getting in details, now think I may have made a mistake and did not make it a SWG pool. My pool has in in-line chlorinator which I use pucks in. I also supplement with liquid chlorine (when I can find it) and lately, because I can't find liquid chlorine, more pucks in a dispenser in the pool.

I obviously started having issues with CYE rising and I am having a very difficult time keep my chlorine level up. I am considering having somebody install a SWG. I have a few questions for those of you that know. Is it easier to maintain a proper chlorine level with a SWG vs liquid chlorine/pucks? My pool builder said due to the heat, both SWG and liquid/chlorine have an equally hard time keeping up. I am located in Southern California. I'd like a second opinion on that. If I do switch, I currently have iAqualink. Do I need to buy one compatible with that? Or is the SWG not associated with the app?

Any other benefits to switching over to SWG?

Thanks

First off- you may likely already have a salt pool, just without the device. Each chemical you've added has left a trace of salt behind when it breaks down.
A SWG is ideal for pools, but you do still need to test routinely to know all is well. You tweak the settings on the SWG and your pump run time and they work to give you all the chlorine you need......assuming your have installed a SWG device at least 2x the size of your pool.

They're easy to install if you've ever cut PVC before? And there is one on the market that is an "all in one" device and controller which I think is pretty darn cool - CircuPool CORE-35 Salt Chlorine Generator | Discount Salt Pool in fact that one would be ideal for your pool.

All you need is the device and a K-1766 salt test kit...and possibly some salt. Don't add any salt until you test your current level first.

Maddie :flower:

My pool builder said due to the heat, both SWG and liquid/chlorine have an equally hard time keeping up. I am located in Southern California. I'd like a second opinion on that.
Our weather is nearly identical. My pool is over 18K gallons. I have a SWG rated for a 40K gallon pool. I run it about 11 hours at 50-55% to match my daily FC loss of 3 to 3.5 ppm. The key is to select a SWG that is rated at twice the volume of your pool.

I'm not familiar with the iAqualink.

Reactions: markayash
Oh I forgot my favorite benefit- going away on vacation and knowing the pool is getting the daily dose of chlorine.
+1. My FAV is similar except I never went away. It would be adding my FC for me while I did *anything else*. I could have easily gone away many times, but the stay-cations were just as nice.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Your Jandy automation will control an Aquapure 1400. They are sold and installed only by Jandy dealers.

I cannot taste ours. Most people cannot taste the salt below 3500 ppm. One should not be drinking pool water.

Be careful. Jandy does not allow sales via online. There will be no warranty. Also, does that come with the contol/power center?

Be careful. Jandy does not allow sales via online. There will be no warranty. Also, does that come with the contol/power center?
Hmmm, interesting. I didn't know that. I just called an authorized retailer and the price is $1376. Wonder if the warranty is worth the extra $400...thoughts? Yes I already have the Power Center, it was installed by my builder with the pool.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.