Swimply possibly changing bathroom/reservation length policy

Mar 20, 2017
Austin, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Not sure if this is the right forum but for anyone out there that hosts a pool on swimply I came across a screen in the newest app update that bothered me.

If you host and don't have a bathroom, they want to limit maximum reservation time to 1 hour!!! Unless you rent a port-a-potty.

I emailed swimply host support and said I would possibly leave swimply if they do start enforcing this limit, which as of now they do not. If you agree with my position, please email and voice your concern as well:

[email protected]

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210520-142611_Swimply.jpg
    Screenshot_20210520-142611_Swimply.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 19
Doesn't sound unreasonable to me -- most public pools, hotel pools, etc, are required to have a restroom nearby for health and safety reasons. It would seem that taking money to rent your pool would fall into a quasi-commercial category (vs letting your neighbors down the street use it while you're out of town and can go home and come back later if they need to pee!). I'm actually surprised they'd even have a "1 hour" exception, but I can see how that could be an okay compromise.

I wouldn't want someone in my pool (especially a group of kids) who needs to go but has prepaid for X hours so doesn't want to leave. And I wouldn't want to use someone else's pool later where that might be happening. Seems simple to just allow usage of one of the bathrooms in the house, or to make other arrangements.

Interesting to note that the "protection plan" they offer doesn't cover communicable diseases/bacteria/etc. Yet another reason to make sure nobody has a reason to go in the pool!

Wait wait wait. You can rent out your pool? Like people roll up to your house when you are home and use your pool? This can’t possibly be a thing is it. Wait who am I kidding with everything else is possible anymore.

I mean you literally just let people in your yard to use your pool? I have so many questions in my head.

I don’t know maybe I’m getting old.

When I first read this thread I was confused. When I figured out what OP was talking about I got creeped out. So, then I google swimply thinking this can't be a real thing. All sorts of articles along the lines of "finally, airbnb for pools".

What I don't get is how this is remotely a good idea. The liability would give me instant gray hair, the ick factor would make my skin crawl. I got my own pool so I didn't have to swim with strangers, and then your not even providing a bathroom? Where do you think they'll pee? Um hmmm, your pool!

Too disgusting to contemplate.

Reactions: borjis and Katodude

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.