SWG TA/PH

Sculptera

Jun 18, 2021
White lake mi
Hello all!

Thank you all for the help so far. I was able to get my pool from a cloudy mess with leafy junk to a sparkling blue and keep it that way so far this season.
My question is, My current test just a bit ago has the following:

Taylor 2006C
FC 4.6
CC 0
PH 7.8
TA 100
CH 230
CYA 30
Water temp around 78 degrees (been cool here in MI the last week)

The Ph has been stable for the last several days between 7.6-7.8. My TA is at 100, and Ive seen from the articles that with SWG's its best to have the TA on the lower side. Do you recommend acting now?
According to pool math, I could add 16 oz acid, which is what I was planning given the Ph is on the higher side. Just wanted a gut check on if I should stay ahead of this now.
Water is crystal clear and sparkling.
thank you!

mknauss

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Bronze Supporter
May 3, 2014
Laughlin, NV
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Are you seeing any calcium scale flakes out of the SWCG?

I think your chemistry is just fine. No need to change a thing. The CYA is low for a SWCG pool, but if in your climate the SWCG can keep up with the FC use, all is good.

Sculptera

Jun 18, 2021
White lake mi
Are you seeing any calcium scale flakes out of the SWCG?

I think your chemistry is just fine. No need to change a thing. The CYA is low for a SWCG pool, but if in your climate the SWCG can keep up with the FC use, all is good.
I have not been seeing any flakes. I'm actually kind of surprised that looking through the cell window looks totally clear. Thank you very much for your advice. I won't make any adjustments for now. Actually getting to enjoy the pool for once!

Reactions: mknauss
Thread Status
Hello , This is an inactive thread. Any new postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. You will get much more visibility by Starting A New Thread