SWG Startup

Newerabs

Jul 22, 2015
Eaton Rapids
Hello,

I recently purchased a Intex SWG for our 20ft round AGP (Summer Waves). I believe I know what I need to do to get started but I wanted to verify:

I am doing this after draining and re-filling my pool FYI, no chemicals have been put in as of yet.

1) According to the manual I need 250 lbs of salt for startup for a 10,000 gallon pool. My pool is 9,425 gallons so 6 40lb bags of pool salt should work? Should I err on the side of caution and just get 7 and put more in or is that not good?
2) After putting in the salt, I need to start my pump and let it run for 24 hours. I can use a brush to help the salt dissolve in the pool.
3) After 24 hours I need to start the SWG by first setting the timer for the desired time I want it to run (i.e. 4 hours) and then initiate boost mode on the SWG. I need to make sure my pump starts/stops 5 minutes before and 5 minutes after the SWG starts.
4) I need to add about 2.5lbs of Pool stabilizer.

I think that's it. One thing I'm not clear about and the instructions aren't really clear, is how long do I run the boost mode?

Thanks!

I don't really understand why Intex says to run in Boost mode initially unless it's because the assume the average pool owner knows nothing about free chlorine. But on day one of fill, while the salt is dissolving, be sure to have the stabilizer soaking and added to the new water as well. At the same time, add enough liquid chlorine on day one to increase the FC by 2-3 ppm. On day 2, when you start the SWG, increase the FC a little more with liquid chlorine to about 5 ppm then monitor how steady it remains with the SWG. That's when you may need to adjust SWG output and/or pump run time to maintain the desired FC level.

Reactions: markayash
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.