Goldsboro, NC
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
When I power on my SWG the voltage and other readouts do not change. Salt level reads as 0 although I have verified the salt level in my pool to be the optimal amount 3200.

I tried calibrating, but the number never started high and went down, just stayed at 0.

I haven’t taken the cell off to inspect it yet, but wonder if dirtiness would be the only issue since the numbers are changing at all. It shows generating for about a minute then says inspect cell and check minerals.

Remove the cell and inspect it for scale, clean if it is scaled.

What are all of the diagnostic readings?
In order from the salt reading:

50p
AL-0
r 1.59
t-15

All of the numbers stay the same when I hear the click whereas they usually start changing.

How old is the cell and box?

Make sure that the plug is in good condition. Unplug it and reinstall the plug.

Move the switch to off, then back to auto and go right to instant salinity to see what it does. Then, do that again.

How old is the cell and box?

Make sure that the plug is in good condition. Unplug it and reinstall the plug.

Move the switch to off, then back to auto and go right to instant salinity to see what it does. Then, do that again.
The cell is around 3 years old. I replaced the motherboard in the box about 4 years ago.

Plug looks good and was seated well.

Will try that next. I’m about to pull it and see how the cells look.

I think I found the issue. When I removed the cell I could see some discoloration where the cable enters the cell. I removed the plate and found this mess. Looks like it is time to get a new one. :rolleyes:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.