Bronze Supporter
Jul 14, 2017
Jenkintown, PA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi to all the super helpful TFP folks. And I mean that!!! The pool has really been trouble free for 4 years with huge thanks to everybody here.

Scoping out how to put an SWG in. Any recommendations on piping with my current pad? The obvious first answer is on the short run between filter and return where the stenner port is right now. But the post holding the electrical and timers is right next to the pipe and I think it'll be too crowded anywhere in that area.

The red line would be an easy PVC run with plenty of room. The only thing I'm not sure about is how to support the PVC and it seems like it would be a pretty long run to go without supports. The fence panel it would run along isn't installed right and super wobbly so I don't want to anchor any PVC run to it. The post (blue) is really just free standing on some blocks (curses to the homeowner before me who installed everything in the jankiest way possible!!!). I could dig a proper post but 1) Digging sucks and 2) The electrical and plumbing is buried somewhere around there so I'll avoid digging if I can.

The other thing I'm trying to figure out is where to put the control unit. I've got plenty of places but it's all in direct sunlight. How bad is that for the control units?

Not sure exactly what I am going to install yet but just trying to scope it out. Circupool SJ or Universal lines are looking promising and we'll see what happens with winter prices. Definitely one of the larger sizes. Not sure if I am going to stay with the models around 40K or bump it up to the largest ones and stay with my single speed pump and keep the runtime on the shorter end.

Attachments

• SWG Piping.jpg
    SWG Piping.jpg
    645.3 KB · Views: 31

HermanTX

Gold Supporter
May 20, 2020
Katy TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Cinder blocks are good support and you can put pieces of wood to fill any gap between the cinder block and the PVC.
Also, CircuPool offers a vertical installation.
SWG circupool flow configuration.jpg

HermanTX

Gold Supporter
May 20, 2020
Katy TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
The other thing I'm trying to figure out is where to put the control unit. I've got plenty of places but it's all in direct sunlight. How bad is that for the control units?
Build a simple box around the top and 3 sides