Canfield ohio
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I just upgraded to a variable speed pump. I used to have a 1hp single speed. When I did calculations through the pool math app, the chlorine output was spot on. For example if I ran my SWG for 12 hours at 50% pool math calculated that I would add 2ppm FC and that was very close to what was added. Now that I am running my pump at lower speeds, do I have to adjust the FC output? Will it be less than pool math calculates?

I am sure I can figure it out through trial and error and frequent testing, but I was just wondering what the experts thoughts were. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Now that I am running my pump at lower speeds, do I have to adjust the FC output?
No. As long as there is enough flow to activate the flow switch, it's making the same amount of chlorine regardless of speed/rpm.

Thanks for the responses. Running at half speed or lower is definitely enough to activate the SWG but not my heater. I have to run it at 2100 RPM for my heater to work. I was hoping to run it at lower speeds than that but I don’t want my heater shutting off and on based upon the flow switch. Guess I have to run it at higher speeds for less time. I think it will take some trial and error to figure the best way to run the pump and keep my pool heated. I don’t have to worry about that this weekend though with temps here in the 80’s-90’s. Enjoy your pools and the weekend!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.