Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Astral Viron eQuilibrium EQ18
Howdy folks.
First post from an Aussie member.

New pool - 32,000L with Astral EQ18 SWG

I am just trying to dial in my settings from runtime and output settings.

I just wanted to validate my basic understanding maths:

EQ18 produces 18 grams chlorine per hour
Assuming I run at 100% for 9 hours. This is 9 x 18 = 162 grams per day operational

162 grams = 162,000 mg
162,000 / 32,000 = ~ 5mg/l (or PPM) chlorine generated per day.

Is this correct? :)

mas985

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
May 3, 2007
Pleasanton, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Welcome to the forum!

Yes that looks correct. However, the published 18 g/hr is a nominal value. Production is dependent on water temperature and salt level (i.e. production amps) so actual production may be quite a bit different than the published value. It may be good enough for a rough estimate but don't rely on that for exact dosing. It is safer to overshoot and then back off when too much.

Infamy1406

Dec 12, 2021
Adelaide
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Astral Viron eQuilibrium EQ18
Thank you mate - I have disabled the ORP sensor/management approach on the chlorinator as my FC readings just couldn't stay stable (defeating the whole purpose of it) - I think the variability introduced by pH and CYA on ORP measurement just seemed to much for the basic system. The chlorine dosing approach works fine - I am just producing a little too much relative to demand at moment - so just trying to dial it in. Better than the ORP probe approach as this just couldn't produce enough FC.

Thread Status
Hello , This is an inactive thread. Any new postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. You will get much more visibility by Starting A New Thread