SWG not detecting salt

pinguy

May 30, 2015
Pennsylvania
This year after 8 seasons, my Aquacal Autopilot SWG cell finally gave out.

I had it replaced by the original installer, and they also said a board in the controller needed replaced, which I was originally a bit skeptical of but the entire job was still less than 7 years of chlorine.

It worked well for several weeks after the replacement, but all of a sudden the system is not detecting salt, and thus not generating chlorine.

However, the Taylor salt test shows a salt level to 3400 PPM, which is well within the operating range. I tried going through the maintenance menu and calibrating the salt level to 3400ppm, but the system is still showing 0ppm.

I have a call in with the installer, but was wondering if anyone here has seen similar.

If you don't like what you hear from your installer contact these guys. They seem to be the best for Autopilot problems...

I’m not familiar with your cell, but I had a similar issue a year or 2 ago. I thought my cell was prematurely failing, but I cleaned the sensors with rubbing alcohol and it started reading properly again. There was nothing visible on the sensors, so I was skeptical that it would work, but it did. If you have sensors that you can access, it might be worth a shot. Took me all of about 10 minutes.

I’m not familiar with your cell, but I had a similar issue a year or 2 ago. I thought my cell was prematurely failing, but I cleaned the sensors with rubbing alcohol and it started reading properly again. There was nothing visible on the sensors, so I was skeptical that it would work, but it did. If you have sensors that you can access, it might be worth a shot. Took me all of about 10 minutes.

The autopilot system uses a trisensor like this...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.