SWG - No FC???

I'm not 100%. I did do a phosphate treatment with SeaKlear, which frankly was not that difficult to do. I also cleaned out a bit of gunk behind the lights and around the steps. My guess is that there was some hidden algae that, due to the high phosphate levels, was growing just as fast as the FC was killing it and a combination of those two actions finally let the FC finish the job. It also could have been the large amounts of different metal sequestrants I've added were causing the high FC demand and it finally has worn down.

It's amazingly clear right now. But we are leaving for a week vacation at the end of this week so I might keep the SWG level high to ensure we come back to a clear pool. I debated adding a bit of algicide but I don't want to add more metals to the water. I do have a slight bit of metal staining happening on the white steps that I'll deal with when we get back and I can figure out what product to use.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.