SWG installation questions

sclose

Jul 18, 2016
Edgewater, MD
I am thinking about installing a CircuPool SWG in our 21,000 gal pool. Would the RJ-30 plus be enough or would I need the RJ-45 plus?
It looks like the vertical installation kit would work in the area where the tape measure is in the photo. Is there a better way to do it?
Should it have its own power circuit, or should it get its power from the pump power source?
Thanks

Attachments

• pool_plumbing.jpg
    pool_plumbing.jpg
    554.7 KB · Views: 36
With a single speed pump I would recommend the RJ45.

If your pump is controlled by a timer, put the SWCG wiring on the same terminals as the pump. It will then have power when the pump is running.

Reactions: sclose
I agree with mknauss, you're better off going with the RJ45. It will allow you to generate the amount of chlorine you need in a shorter period of time, which will save you electricity on that single speed pump. Single speed pumps use a lot of juice so any significance savings in run time can add up quickly to more than make up for the price difference between the RJ30 and RJ45 ($200).

I just installed the RJ45+ last weekend, love it so far. If that were my pool, I'd put the cell right where the tape measure is. Since you want 6+ inches before the flow switch, I'd put that upstream immediately before the elbow.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.