SWG for a small pool

richierich

Bronze Supporter
Jul 12, 2013
Long Island, NY
Hi Everyone, I am using the intex SWG but I don't think it's that powerful. Looking to upgrade to a more powerful one, but I'm not looking to break the bank. Currently I supplement my SWG with a few cups of bleach a week to keep the pool clear.

Keep in mind I am not very handy so I was hoping for something easy to install. I am using 1.5" pentair flexible pool hoses. Hoping there is a product that I can use to just be compatible with those and the hose clamps/teflon tape I use. Thanks!

That SWG has the ability to output 14 ppm FC in to a 5000 gallon pool per day. You should be able to run that for only 7 hours a day and keep up with a typical summer FC demand.

For your size pool the Intex Krystal Clear should be OK. How long are you running the pump/SWCG each day?

Running the intex SWG for only 3 hours is only going to add 1.9 ppm of FC to your pool and that’s likely not nearly enough. Like @Donldson said you need to run your system for longer to keep up.

If you really really wanted to you could get a bigger SWG. Maybe something like a circupool RJ-30+ so you could keep your 3 hour runtime, but you would be looking at close to $1000 for a SWG that’s big enough for that.

I think you’re better off keeping what you have and just increasing the system runtime.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.