SWG for a leaking pool?

archer636

Jul 6, 2016
Gainesville, FL
My pool loses about 200g per day. Is it a good idea to switch to SWG? I have calculated in order to keep the salt level in spec for Pentair SWG, I need to add salt every 3 months, which is fine. My concern is I have a lot of vegetation around the pool (palm trees, shrubs, etc). would a leaky salt water pool kill the plants?

mknauss

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Bronze Supporter
May 3, 2014
Laughlin, NV
If the leak has not killed any vegetation yet I doubt it will with a bit of salt in it. You get some rain there I would guess that will dilute/wash it away.

Why not fix the leak?

archer636

Jul 6, 2016
Gainesville, FL
If the leak has not killed any vegetation yet I doubt it will with a bit of salt in it. You get some rain there I would guess that will dilute/wash it away.

Why not fix the leak?
I have paid a lot of money to several leak detection companies with no avail so I gave up that fight. Garden hose hooked up to a float valve is better for my wallet and my sanity!

todd.brock

Silver Supporter
Jan 18, 2018
Cincinnati/OH
Are you on a well? What does 200g a day run you per month?

Man, is it possible a pvc pipe broke underground ? Do you have any soft or soggy areas? That’s a lot of water that has to be going somewhere

archer636

Jul 6, 2016
Gainesville, FL
Are you on a well? What does 200g a day run you per month?

Man, is it possible a pvc pipe broke underground ? Do you have any soft or soggy areas? That’s a lot of water that has to be going somewhere
about $20-$30 a month. no soft areas. My guess is the surface of the pool is just absorbing the water (old pool)