SWG for 15' X 30' X 48" deep AGP recommendations

Jul 17, 2014
Lexington, NC
I have a friend who is trying to decide on a SWG for her 15 x 30 AGP. She is wanting to convert from Baquacil to saltwater. She went to the pool store and they quoted her $1000 equipment, plumbing and install. I have a tough time thinking it is that difficult or expensive to convert to Saltwater but I only have a small 15' rnd AGP myself. I'm wondering if any of you wonderful experts might be able to provide me a little insight as to which SWG might work best for her and how difficult it might be to install. It is my understanding that she has a 2.5 hp pump with large cartridge filter.

Help?

Thanks!

I see no one has chimed in yet. I will give this a little bump and see if you can get an answer. One thing you could do is do a search for any videos on how to install a SWG and see what you think from that.

Kim:kim:

Thanks for the bump. I was really hoping more for a recommendation than anything. I had a SWG on my 15' Round until last year when it stopped working. I know how that one worked just wasn't sure how much difference there is when you get into larger AGP.

They generally all work the same.. Some people just prefer one brand over the other for various reasons that meet their needs.

Generally you want to get a system that is sized larger than what you actually need. Say if your pool holds 20k gallons, lean towards a 40k gallon system. This allows the cell to be able to work less thus extending the working life of the cell and it shouldn't wear out and need replacing as soon as a smaller system that had to run longer to produce the required chlorine to keep the water sanitized.

Got ya! I can help you then!!! Get one that is oversized for your pool! If your pool is 10,000 gals get a SWG that is for a 20,000 gal pool! The reason is the cell will last longer since it does not have to work as hard.

Kim:kim:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.