Damascus, MD
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
My 1400 series Nature2 FusionSoft used to be able to maintain my pool easily at 53%. For the first 4 seasons that is where it was set. And even at that, my FC would climb to 15 and I'd shut it off for a few days to let it drift back down. Life was good. Least season, right before the warranty was out, the cell failed. Corroded terminal rendered it useless. Jandy sent me a new cell under warranty and I am now in my first full season of that cell. I seem to have to set this cell higher than the old one. I was at 60% and maintaining around a FC of 7 or so but that has dropped to 5. I popped it to 70% now. Hopefully that will stabilize.

Question is, do the SWG electronics degrade? Does it at some point simply not put out enough voltage anymore? Or, do difference cells work slightly differently as to output? Unit works without any errors and has given me no trouble at all. Pool is crystal clear I never have any CCs or any signs of any algae or other nasties. I will perform an OCLT just to rule that out but I suspect that will come up with nothing.

Looking at your poolmath it hasn't updated in 15 days. Perhaps some of your numbers have degraded some. You were 60 CYA and may be down to 50 now letting some burn off faster to uv so it's not catching up sort of saving what it has produced. Bring it up to 70. The salinity is 2800. If that's with the K1766 kit I'd raise it closer to 3500 making it more efficient eventhough it's happy. Have seen these two levels influence SWCG nicely.

Looking at your poolmath it hasn't updated in 15 days. Perhaps some of your numbers have degraded some. You were 60 CYA and may be down to 50 now letting some burn off faster to uv so it's not catching up sort of saving what it has produced. Bring it up to 70. The salinity is 2800. If that's with the K1766 kit I'd raise it closer to 3500 making it more efficient eventhough it's happy. Have seen these two levels influence SWCG nicely.

I don't log all my results. Could be as simple as the CYA has fallen I'll run a full set of tests today.

I am hesitant to add much more salt since my SWG is showing 3400 (2800 is from the K-1766) and I don't want to get into a situation where it won't produce because it thinks the salt is too high. But that also may be the issue. Perhaps it is time for a new tri-sensor.

+1 to the CYA. Right about now I saw my SWG struggle to keep up every season. It was always the CYA lowering from all the rain and degrading slightly faster once the heat got going.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.