SWG Cartridge Replacement

bdarling

Jul 10, 2015
Massachusetts
Has anyone replaced their Hayward Turbo T-Cell-15 with a non Hayward brand? I am seeing a much cheaper model online shown in photo. I have had my pool for 10 years but have not yet changed the SWG cartridge. It is constantly blinking Check Cell since opening and I cleaned it this season before opening. This brand saves $500 from OEM Hayward and it is also “discounted” on this site. I have added 120 pounds of salt and no change in salt level along with check cell message so it is time to change.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-05-22 at 11.45.13 AM.png
    Screenshot 2022-05-22 at 11.45.13 AM.png
    94 KB · Views: 6

proavia

LifeTime Supporter
TFP Guide
Feb 6, 2015
Chandler AZ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45 Plus
Take your Hayward cell to a pool store that can test it. Given it's 10 years old, it's probably at end of life.

The generic cells usually have a shorter life span than the OEM Hayward cells. How much are you really saving with a generic cell if the cell only lasts a few years instead of 10 years?

How are you testing your salt level?

bdarling

Jul 10, 2015
Massachusetts
I am just going by the reading on the Box for salt levels. I am not sure my water test kit does that but I will check. I am going to order a Hayward replacement. I am sure it is gone since it has blinked more and more for the past 3 years

proavia

LifeTime Supporter
TFP Guide
Feb 6, 2015
Chandler AZ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45 Plus
The salt reading on the SWG control panel isn't accurate. You may be better served getting yourself a Taylor K1766 salt test kit.

What test kit are you using? Add it to your signature.

Reactions: Mdragger88

Mdragger88

Bronze Supporter
TFP Guide
Jun 1, 2018
Hernando, Ms
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Intex Krystal Clear
Test you salt level BEFORE installing your new cell. If u have been relying on the read out you may have way too much salt & need to dilute it - u don’t wanna fry your new cell.

Thread Status
Hello , This is an inactive thread. Any new postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. You will get much more visibility by Starting A New Thread