Monterrey, NL, Mexico
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
When I bought all my equipment didnt know about TFP, so I bought an intelliPh to manage acid additions. After learning TFP I knew i was not going to use it too much so I only installed the Panel Box and not the pump/container itself. Well after a year of having it really dialed inn and not needing much acid at all, on my usual week testing my FC dropped to 4 from 9 with a 70-80CYA. To my surprise the SWG and iPH box did not have power. So after connecting the SWG directly to the ET it lighted up and started working. Being the curious guy, had to open the iPH box, this is what i found:

1a52c767f521f086376398a3e7b3d566.jpg
4566a3998b29f6337c334a4f8defc236.jpg
b87393daa884d924e419e07dad80e2fe.jpg

My dilema is that I still have warranty on the equipment and after a cleanup of the terminals the iPh box is working ok. Even doing new connectors is easy for me. So what you guys think?

ft,

Since you do not use it, I would disconnect the iPH completely.. It does not make sense to me to power the control box if it is not being used.

I would get it repaired under warranty and then sell it...

It is obvious that too much current is being sucked through the "brown" connector.. Cleaning the pins will help, short term, but the problem is just going to come back.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.