SWCG Run time and % - North Texas

I'm running 24/7 and at 30% to keep my FC around 5. I try to keep my salt 3200-3400, but just had to add some due to all of our rains overflowing some of the water.

Honestly, there are so many variables that knowing what works for other people won’t really help determine a good value for your pool. Pool size, SWG size, how frequently the pool is used, whether the pool is covered, how much sun the pool gets, even the temperature of the water can all make a big difference in chlorine demand and, as such, SWG runtime and operating percent.

If you’re trying to figure out how to set your SWG your best bet is to just keep testing and adjust it so that it keeps your FC level where you want it to be. There isn’t really a right and wrong here. Some people might run their SWG 24/7 and other people only 8 hours a day. Some people might run theirs at 5% and other people at 100%. As long as it’s generating the chlorine that their pool needs, then that’s the right way to run it.

V,

I always try to keep my FC at or slightly above my target FC using the saltwater section of this chart... FC/CYA Levels

I do not try to keep my FC between the minimum and my target.. This allow me not too worry about my FC going too low and going a little high is just not a problem.

I personally run my pump 24/7, most of the time at 1250 RPM... I do this because I like making a little chlorine all the time, and I like that I am skimming all the time. I can do this for less than $20 bucks a month, so for me I do not see a downside..

As other have said... pump run time and SWCG settings are all personal decisions.. The only hard rule is that you will need to run your pump long enough and hard enough to generate the amount of chlorine your pool needs each day.

I try to keep my salt between 3000 and 3400 ppm.. I NEVER trust what the cell says is the salt level.. I use the Taylor K-1766 to measure the actual salt level in my pool.

Thanks,

Jim R.

I run mine 12 hours per day, during the day, 4 hours on high (we have a two speed pump) at 75%, and it's been maintaining at around 11% FC. Days are hot and so is the pool (pool is 90 right now) so I want to make sure we stay ahead of the ick. I may drop it to 70% and see if we can sit at 10ppm.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.