SWCG install with 1.5 inch PVC plumbing and 2 inch cell

Jul 1, 2013
Cincinnati OH
I'm getting ready to install a new Circupool RJ60 to my system and I plan to locally convert the 1.5 inch pvc plumbing up to 2 inch to fit the flow sensor and generator cell of the RJ60.

I'll be converting from 1.5 to 2 inch about 30 inches up flow from the flow sensor and using a 2 inch street 90 to turn a corner about 10 to 12 inches up flow from the flow sensor. The flow sensor and cell will be separated by about 1.5 inch of 2 inch pvc then I will immediately convert back to 1.5 off the outlet of the generator and immediately into the existing 1.5 inch plumbing for the return inlet.

My filter is designed for 60 GPM flow which I'm assuming my system is designed to work at and 60 GPM in the 1.5 inch pipe should produce about 34 GPM in the local section of 2 inch pipe.

The recommended minimum flow for the cell is 20.

I've obviously thought through the setup but are there any watch outs that anyone sees here?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.