Swamp to Blue but Cloudy

49 oz muriatic acid in, two hours later 10 gallons bleach, 2 hours after that he did a full test. Here are results:

FC - 21
CC - .5
TC - 21.5
CH - 0
TA - 60
CYA - 50
PH - 8.2

According to Pool math Suppose to add 187 oz of bleach after sweeping down walls. Am I missing anything. Thanks. Lorraine

Added 49 oz Muriatic acid, two hours later added 10 gallons bleach. Tested 2 hours after bleach went win. Test results:

FC -21
CC - .5
TC - 21.5
CH - 0
TA - 60
CYA - 50
PH - 8.2

water temp:

Will be adding 187 ozs. Of bleach after sweeping walls down. What is our next step!! Do we only do test for FC on pool math each time or do we have to do all tests? Lorraine

I sent email yesterday letting you know what was happening. Here it is again! Put in 49ozs of Muriatic acid, and 10 gallons of bleach. Took readings at 4:30pm

FC - 21
CC - .5
TC - 21.5
CH - 0
TA - 60
CYA - 50
PH - 8.2

water temp 82
Put in a couple of gallons of bleach at 7pm

9pm reading for FC. 18

6:30 am today FC 18

Pouring rain since 8:30am today

How many times a day are we supposed to Slam? Thanks, Lorraine

Maintain your shock level FC as often as possible. Every couple hours to start and then if you test and it has not dropped below shock you can lengthen that time.

Rain has little effect on water chemistry.

Take care.

Hello again, I want to give you the readings to make sure we are doings this the right way.
2pm

FC - 22
CC - 0
TC - 22

5:30pm
FC - 20
CC - .5
TC - 20.5

So far he put 5 gallons of bleach today and will be putting in more when he checks it at 7:30.
Am I right in thinking that we do it every 2 to 2 1/2 hrs in testing. Soon he will sweep down the walls. He has our Polaris running around. Is he supposed to hand Vac also.
Is there anything else we have to do? Thank you! Lorraine

All good. You can vacuum when you can. Brush is most important after testing and dosing with chlorine as often as possible.

Take care.

Hi again, I wanted to update you and what happening with tests. Pool is still dark green. As of 11 am, test is:
FC- 20
CC - 0
TC - 20

I had my husband do a full test to see what the readings were:

FC - 24
CC - 0
TC -24
CH - 150
TA - 60
CYA - 50
PH - 7.8

When do you think will see a difference? Thank you. Lorraine

Only has been one day.

Take a picture in one place each day. Say down at the steps. That will give you a visual record of change.

Keep testing/dosing every few hours.

Take care.

- - - Updated - - -

No need to do any tests but FC. Save your reagents.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Sorry I did not respond. That is great, keep SLAM'ing. You stay in SLAM until you pass the three criteria shown in the SLAM Process article.

You may swim in the pool if your FC is at or below shock level, you can see the bottom of the pool, and your pH is between 7.2 and 7.8

You have a sand filter so that can take longer to fully clear. Read this Pool School - Add DE to a Sand Filter once you can pass a Overnight Chlorine Loss Test

Take care.

SLAM FINISHED!!! Hi, Pool looks great! thanks to your help. Had first swim since last August!! Here are the readings:

FC - 25
CC - 0
TC - 25
CH - 175
TA - 60
CYA - 40
PH - 7.5
Water temp. 76

What do we do next? Do we add anything? Does our ppm number change? Run filter how many hours. Thanks. Lorraine

Just let the FC drift back down and keep it above the minimum for our CYA at all times.

Pump run time could be a little as a few hours ... depends on how much you want to have the skimmer going.

Hi, I just want to make sure we are still on the right path. My husband just did a complete water test: Here are results:

FC - 13
CC - 0
TC - 13
CH - 125
TA - 60
CYA - 45
PH - 7.3
Water temp. 72

Where does our FC supposed to be. Is there anything that we should be doing. Thank you for your help. Lorraine

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.