Swamp Fever...First Time Pool Opening....SLAM Time

oppsie!!!

Haha....oppsie is right!!!

Here's a pic from this evening when I was vacuuming out the pool. Think I'm finally getting somewhere!!!
IMG_0714.jpg

I can't stand listening to my co-worker talk about his pool and how to take care of a pool. It's the same guy who say's if he can smell the chlorine then it's clean. He opened to a pretty clear pool this year since he went with a solid cover. He's not testing his water, just dumping in a gallon of chlorine a day and those stupid arm & hammer tablets that are supposed to make your water feel silky on the skin..LOL. I can't wait for it to turn green on him!!! I quit telling him what to do last year, he didn't listen so I'm not talking..haha!!

I have one that has come to me this year after 3 yrs of "it is so easy, just throw the puck in the skimmer and call it good" talk................his pool is GREEN and his pump is acting up! Hummmmmm you think it is all of those pucks? Pushed your CYA up there AND they messed up your pump seals JUST LIKE I SAID THEY WOULD!! Gurrrrrr but he is ready to listen. I will go over on Saturday with my test kit. While he is cooking steaks on the grill I will test his water.....who wants in on just how high is CYA will be??? Yummmmmmmm easiest steak dinner I have ever earned!

I have one that has come to me this year after 3 yrs of "it is so easy, just throw the puck in the skimmer and call it good" talk................his pool is GREEN and his pump is acting up! Hummmmmm you think it is all of those pucks? Pushed your CYA up there AND they messed up your pump seals JUST LIKE I SAID THEY WOULD!! Gurrrrrr but he is ready to listen. I will go over on Saturday with my test kit. While he is cooking steaks on the grill I will test his water.....who wants in on just how high is CYA will be??? Yummmmmmmm easiest steak dinner I have ever earned!

That's too funny!!! I bet his CYA is at least 100.

Pictures from lunch, does it look any different?

IMG_0720.jpg

IMG_0722.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well today I was fighting a loosing battle, stupid wind and catkins!!!! GRRRR!!!!!!!!!

I had the pool all skimmed and then a gust of wind came up and it started raining catkins into my clean pool....Here a picture right after the wind blew them all in the pool.

IMG_0723.jpg

IMG_0724.jpg

IMG_0725.jpg

Do not stop the SLAM! You have to be able to pass an OCLT before you can stop.

Do not stop the SLAM! You have to be able to pass an OCLT before you can stop.

I wasn't planning on stopping it until I passed the OCLT and depending on if it passed that test is then I was thinking about letting it drift down....just wasn't sure if the water had to be crystal clear before stopping the slam after passing the OCLT and CC part.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.